DE Principles of Practice Management Conference
July 12-13, 2018 | Indianapolis, IN | Omni Severin Hotel
DE's Principles of Practice Management Conference provides dentists with business fundamentals and specific, actionable advice to help them elevate their practices. Attendees gain a better understanding of the systems and growth strategies necessary to lead a successful practice.
• Systems and Scheduling
• Ethics and Risk Management
• Human Resources and Internal Communication
• Accounting from a Dental CPA's Perspective
• Online Reputation Management
• And More!
Registration sponsored by:
This course will dig deep into the core strategies that the most successful practices in the U.S. have used in a wide variety of dental transitions. From a solo practice ready to add another dentist to the successful private group practice desiring to add multiple locations. Key strategies are explored giving a clear roadmap to your ideal future in dentistry.
• Discover and clarify the strategic plan for the growth of your practice(s).
• Learn the most effective multiple location and multiple doctor business models.
• Create entity and expansion strategies that simplify and scale your practice.
• Understand how to create multiple streams of income, to include your DDSO.
• Learn and understand the effective and successful strategies to convert dental practice equity into cash and wealth accumulation.
• Understand why associateships have a high failure rate and how to create an ideal situation for an incoming dentist.
• Learn how to create a multiple dentist, co-ownership situation that flourishes and creates a high ROI for all dentists involved.
• Know the top 7 techniques to find value-added acquisition practices.
• Learn the best dentist compensation formulas to reward and motivate incoming dentists in the practice.
• Learn how to add additional locations without debt.
• Understand the financial benefits and professional rewards of pursuing the Entrepreneurial Satellite Practice Concept.
• Learn the delegation principles necessary to reduce management burden as the practice(s) grows rather than increase the burden.
The secret to managing a successful practice is systems. Whether you’re figuring out how to improve accounts receivable or market to new patients, your approach should be the same. There is no single playbook that will work for every practice but there is a leadership philosophy that will consistently get results. In this course we’ll reveal the critical dental practice systems and give you the skill set you’ll need to customize and implement them into your own business.
· Identifying the essential systems in a dental practice
· Using key performance indicators to evaluate the success of your systems
· Adapting best practices to your specific needs
Success is driven by people and no management function is more critical to success than the ability to hire, train, motivate, and effectively manage qualified and competent people. The alternative, high employee turnover, is a killer—patient care suffers, stress levels are high, and the bottom line is significantly impacted. You can’t be a practice owner or employer today and not be concerned about people and employee engagement because people today have become the primary source of competitive advantage. HR success is driven by communication—both written and verbal. One of the most significant benefits of HR success is a decrease in people-related stress and an increase in employee retention, engagement and enjoyment.
· Changeable behavior
· Successful ways for communicating (dialoguing) and monitoring performance
· Implementing a goal/feedback model for performance management
· Performance documentation that protects the practice
· Proven management principles that help employees think like owners
The complex world of marketing will be made simpler after a candid live conversation with our panelists. We'll exchange innovative ways to brand and broadcast your practice to your community. You'll also learn how to avoid common and expensive marketing mistakes.
The rise of social media platforms has enabled the individual consumer to share their experiences with the world. What story about you are they telling? During this program, we will discuss the psychology of internet reviews. We will review how our prospective patients feel about them and what literature is available from academia. A thorough discussion of which websites are most important and impactful for dental practices will occur. The group will also review the systems and scripting needed to incorporate into our practices to ensure success in getting ourpatients to leave positive reviews. A significant portion of the program will also be devoted to how we should handle responding to a negative review should one occur. This fast-paced, enlightening program is sure to help demystify the world of online reviews in fun & casual manner! Dental team involvement is highly recommended for this program.
• What is social media?
• What platforms best serve a dental practice?
• How do online reviews help drive patients to your office?
• How can you increase your online presence?
• Where can a few marketing dollars go the longest way?
• What challenges do dentists face in social media?
• What do you do if you get a bad online review?
• How do you engage your patients in social media platforms?
• What review sites do you need to be checking to protect yourself?
• How do you make sure patients can find you online?
• How can you drive more clicks to your website?
Come one, come all! Relax and savor hors d’oeuvres and drinks as you network with the event sponsors and enjoy some fellowship with your fellow colleagues.
Oral Arts Dental Laboratories invites you for some after dinner entertainment with the #1 Podcasters in medicine on iTunes! Josh and Lance will be recording a Working Interferences podcast LIVE! Please bring your sense of humor and join us for light after-dinner snacks, cocktails, and lively conversation.
About Working Interferences podcasts:
A dental podcast for the AVERAGE dentist. No question is too controversial for Joshua Austin DDS and Lance Timmerman DMD. Questions are NOT "best bonding agent" or "best impression material," these questions are the ones that are burning desire types. You know, like "can I harm my assistant for being annoying?", or, "Will my DNA be altered by getting a bone graft from cadaver bone?" The information that ALL dentists need.
This is course is designed to answer many questions that dentists may have when considering forming a group dental practice.
· Where do I begin the process?
· How should I form my professional team?
· Explain the difference between choices of business taxing entities.
· What taxing entity makes the best sense for setting up a group practice and why?
· Will new tax laws impact my dental practice?
· What are the suggested legal documents needed and why?
· Is a demographic study necessary and why?
· How do I write a business plan?
· What can I expect the profitability to be by dental specialty?
· How do I determine my fee income?
· How do I determine my practice’s overhead?
· How do I develop cash flows and forecasts for year 1 and beyond?
· Where do we go from here?
· What are the next action steps?
Discussions on Ethics and Professionalism can be intensely boring, so instead of your typical discussion about the five ethical principles you all know, we will delve into real situations and cases the presenter has encountered in both private and group practice. These situations, that inevitably many of you will face, will discuss the ethical and social issues surrounding circumstances that will challenge both you and your teams ethical and professional values. We will discuss openly how to avoid and deal with these incidents when they arise, including where and when to seek help if you do find yourself immersed in one of these trying events.
· Discuss candidly ethical issues in the workplace with real world examples.
· How to avoid negative repercussions.
· Where to seek assistance when needed. And how to prepare your team to deal with these issues.
How should you compensate an associate? How long should a seller stay on after a sale? Bring your burning questions about practice transitions to this highly interactive experience. You'll hear our panelists give specific advice on the financial and legal aspects of buying and selling dental practices.